Wi-Fi Router and Voice Gateway
Satellite Connectivity Made Easier.
RedPort Optimizer is a satellite Wi-Fi router and voice gateway that lets you get the most out of your satellite data service, with the devices you already have. Optimizer broadcasts your satellite data feed via Wi-Fi for easy connectivity. Its powerful firewall blocks unwanted services to eliminate runaway satellite phone airtime bills. With compatible satellite broadband terminals, Optimizer’s built in PBX lets you make and receive voice calls with all your devices. Best of all, Optimizer is designed to work with XGate and XGate-based services, so you can easily access email, web, weather, and track your location.
- Satellite – Turns any IP-based satellite data signal into a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Firewall & Filtering – Manage traffic over the satellite link to block unwanted airtime usage. Allow port forwarding, domain-name filtering, network address translation, and detailed whitelisting and blacklisting of websites and services
- Wi-Fi – Hotspot makes setup and use with compatible computers and tablets easy
- New! – New Services Center makes it easy to access and manage your services with a modern interface
- New! – New Quick Whitelist feature lets you whitelist or block access to popular messaging apps including: Facebook Messenger, Instagram Messages, Signal, Timezero, Viber, WeChat and WhatsApp with a single button.
- Voice – When connected to an Iridium Certus or Inmarsat satellite terminal use your standard satellite voice service with your smartphone over our included PBX
- GSM support – Plug in a compatible GSM USB-modem when you have GSM access
to keep all the speed and convenience benefits of Optimizer, wherever you are
- Remote Access – Remotely log in and manage your local network from any Internet connection
- Network Security – Manage and control your local network for maximum security
New! The Optimizer Services Center dashboard to help you easily access and control your network, and a Quick Whitelist feature that lets you whitelist or block access to popular messaging apps including: Facebook Messenger, Instagram Messages, Signal, Timezero, Viber, WeChat and WhatsApp, with a single button.
Premium Services with Optimizer
Optimizer works with the industry’s most popular premium services to connect you with the important people, information and services in your personal life and business.
Optimizer is designed to work with XGate and XGate-based services including Iridium Mail&Web to give you access to satellite email, weather services, blogging and more. Optimizer also enables services like GPS vessel tracking and premium VoIP services for satellite broadband users.
XGate Satellite Phone Email & Data Services
Optimizer requires a subscription to a RedPort-certified data service program like XGate satellite data service in order to establish a connection with a satellite phone or terminal.
- Email – Accelerate email service up to 20 times, saving up to 85% on satellite airtime
- Satellite Phone Weather Services – See local marine and atmospheric conditions or use PredictWind Lite (included with XGate) to get accurate weather forecasts
- Social Media – Update Sailblogs or any platform that lets you post via email
- Blogging Service – Get a free Sailblogs Premium Basic account with a compatible service.
RedPort Optimizer Airtime Savings for Satellite Email & Data Services
Using the RedPort Optimizer with Mac, Windows, or iOS devices accelerates satellite phone data transfers: up to 15-20 times faster for email, and 3-5 times faster for web browsing. Designed explicitly to make the most of the narrowband satellite phones and terminals (like handheld satellite phones), the RedPort Optimizer uses XGate compression data service to automatically dial, start and end data calls, and eliminate the unnecessary demands common with most computing devices, giving you automatic and complete access to the data feed.
You can use XGate with any internet connection available to you:
satellite, land-based WiFi connections, GSM cellular networks,
and directly connected to any IP-based wireless service.
Sailblogs - Blogging Service
SailBlogs is the leading provider of blogging and map tracking solutions for the sailing community.
From weekend sailors to ocean racers and cruisers, SailBlogs provides members with
web-based journals (blogs), photo and video galleries and map tracking for their adventures.
RedPort VoIP Service
When connected to a VSAT or Inmarsat broadband satellite terminal RedPort VoIP service provides significant discounts over traditional satellite airtime as well as the ability to create and use prepaid VoIP calling cards for crew or work teams handset or with your smartphone using the XGate phone app. Call for details.
- Low Monthly Access Fee
- Choose a phone number from 30 different countries
- Low Postpaid Termination Rates
- Calling party simply dials your phone like any other in that country
- Low Prepaid Codes for Ship Operations, or Crew and Passenger Sales
Tracking your position almost anywhere on the planet is as easy as plugging Optimizer into your compatible satellite phone or terminal and letting your travels take you where they will.
When used with a satellite phone or terminal that has an embedded GPS, Optimizer will relay a vessel’s position report to RedPort Tracking where you can see a history of its locations, set alerts, and embed an individual map on a webpage of your choosing.
The RedPort Tracking Web-Portal
The web-portal consists of a detailed, robust online tracking interface that provides:
- Real-time Position and Tracking
- Longitude and latitude info
- Emergency alarm/ SOS/Movement alarm/ Overspeed alarm/ Border crossing alert
- Geo-fence alarm
- Course and Speed (on web-based tracking site)
- Web-based tracking or mobile-phone-based tracking
- Central Monitoring system (web-base)
- History of tracking movements
- Ability to track hundreds of vessels or assets on one web-based monitoring system
Embedding Your Unique Tracking Map on Your Site
With RedPort Tracking, you can choose to embed your unique tracking map (or that of your vessels) on a site of your choosing. For individuals, this means that friends and family back home can immediately see where you are located in the world and follow along on your journey. For those needing commercial vessel tracking, this means that you can view all of your assets at once on one single map, set zone alarms and alerts, and see vessel history in one flexible interface.
Optimizer works with virtually all satellite providers and all popular computer operating systems. Some services are dependent on your system; not all services work with all devices.
* Some Equipment Requires Compatible Serial-USB cable (not included)
- RedPort Voice: Iridium Certus; Inmarsat BGAN, Fleet One, FleetBroadband, Fleet Xpress, Global Xpress, Thuraya IP
- RedPort VoIP: Inmarsat BGAN, FleetBroadband, Fleet Xpress, Global Xpress, Thuraya IP
- RedPort Routing and Data Functions:
Inmarsat BGAN; Fleet One; FleetBroadband; Fleet Xpress - NOTE: Inmarsat has discontinued the data service for IsatPhone Pro; IsatPhone 2
Iridium Certus; 9555; 9575 Extreme; OpenPort; 9500*, 9505*, 9505a*
Globalstar GSP-1700; GSP-1600*, GSP-2900*, Sat-FI, Sat-FI 2
Thuraya USB and IP
VSAT and other systems.
Size: 116 x 86 x 25 mm | 4 9/16” x 3 3/18” x 1 1/16”
Weight: 0.18 Kg | 0.4 lbs
Memory: RAM 256 MB | Flash 32 MB | Storage: 2GB
Power: 12V 4A DC
Ethernet LAN: 1
Ethernet WAN: 1
RJ-11 Analog Port: 1
2.4 GHz, IEEE 802.11b/g/n
1-14 operating channels
FCC, CE, RoHS, AU, NZ
What’s In the Box:
- RedPort Optimizer
- 110/220V 12V 4A Power Adapter with International Power Plug Adapters
- Quick Start Guide
Features and Services
VoIP to Circuit Switch
|The Optimizer Voice includes VoIP to circuit-switch conversion, which means that you can pick up your cellphone and - using the free XGate Phone app - make and receive traditional satellite phone calls with your smartphone, instead of plugging into the satellite terminal itself.|
VoIP Service $
|Using RedPort VoIP service means that you can make VoIP calls over your satellite terminal using some of the most advanced and sophisticated compression rates on the planet. At 15 minutes of talk time per MB of data use and very low termination rates, RedPort VoIP service provides significant discounts over traditional satellite airtime as well as the ability to create and use prepaid VoIP calling cards for crew, work teams, or guests.|
Routing and Logging
|Create and manage even the most complex networks with enterprise-grade features. Experienced networking professionals will find every necessary feature to configure networks as desired.|
Firewall & Filtering
|Allows you to tightly manage traffic over the satellite link to block unwanted airtime usage. Allows port forwarding, domain-name filtering, network address translation, and detailed whitelisting and blacklisting of websites and services. Quick whitelist lets you whitelist or block access to popular messaging apps including: Facebook Messenger, Instagram Messages, Signal, Timezero, Viber, WeChat and WhatsApp with a single button.|
|Remotely log-in and manage your local network from any Internet connection.|
Web Compression $
|Transparent proxy service can automatically reduce https data consumption by a factor of 3-5 times, saving on valuable airtime, and accelerating limited satellite data speeds.|
|Manage and control your local network for maximum security.|
Satellite Email $
|RedPort routers include a full POP/SMTP RedPort Mail server. Users can access email via a local web page or by simply entering settings into their preferred email client (such as Outlook or Apple Mail) with up to 20 times acceleration, making RedPort XGate mail the premier choice for satellite email service.|
GPS Tracking $
|Reliably track vehicles or vessels anywhere in the world. Tracking your assets is now as simple as clicking your mouse and viewing them online. RedPort Tracking offers online maps that display exact location and offer advanced features like geo-fencing.|
$ = Premium Service. Monthly Fees May Apply.
Wi-Fi Router &
|RedPort Crew Satellite Email||-||Optional||Optional|
|Captive Portal for Crew Internet Access
(Shoreside Control of Crew Internet Access)
|Shared Web Compression||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Quality of Service||-||-||✓|
|OBM Out of Band Management||Limited||✓||✓|
|Ethernet LAN Ports||1||2||1|
|Ethernet WAN Ports||1||4||3|
|RJ-11 Analog Ports||0||1||0, 1, 4 or 8|
|Max WiFi Range||30m||46m||46m|
|WiFi||802.11 a/b/g/n||802.11 b/g/n||802.11 a/g|
|Storage||-||8Gb SLC SSD Available||8Gb SLC SSD|
|Power Operating Range||9-18V DC 4A||9-18V DC 2A||9-18V DC 2A|
|Certifications||FCC, CE, RoHS||FCC, CE, RoHS||FCC, CE, RoHS|
|Compact Dimensions||4 9/16" x 3 3/18" x 1 1/16"
(116 x 86 x 25 mm)
|6.3" x 3.1" x 2.1"
(160 x 80 x 54 mm)
|6.6 x 1.2 x 6.2"
(168 x 30 x 157mm) (313)
10.9 x 2 x 5"
(277 x 50 x 126mm) (323)
|Rackmounted Dimensions||-||-||19" 1U Rackmount
|Compact Weight||0.4 lbs (0.18 kg)||1.12 lbs (0.5 kg)||1.86 lbs (0.845 kg) (313)
3.85 lbs (1.75 kb) (323)
|Rackmounted Weight||-||-||10.25 lbs (4.65 kg)|
|More Info||Learn More about
|Learn More about
|Learn More about